The Social Saree Challenge 2: Dress like a Cocktail Rani!
The Saree Festival 2018 explores the theme “The Saree in Social Media”, highlighting various aspects of the new found social visibility of the drape.
We made history with our first campaign last month that introduced us to various ideas around this theme and established a new hashtag that is now trending on Social Media platforms: #socialsaree ! In just a span of a month, the hash-tag has acquired a life beyond our campaigns, and is now being used rampantly by saree lovers.
To extend the celebrations, we announce our second Social Saree challenge. Out festival design this year pins down archetypes of women who post about Sarees on social media. For the Delhi edition, we introduced you to three characters. “The Cocktail Rani” embodies the spirit of mix and match, creating a heady Saree concoction! She plays with drapes, blouses and accessories and combines diverse weaves effortlessly to be the coolest Social Saree wearer. She may be dressed in what we call dubiously a “Cocktail Saree”, but more importantly, it is her superlative Saree-tending skills that make her a Cocktail herself!
In this challenge we invite you to own the Saree, and dress like a Cocktail Rani..!
1. Dress like a “Cocktail Rani”, interpreting the theme in your own personal way.
2. Tag 3 friends; and tag @saree.man with your post.
3. Post throught the month of June, campaigns ends 30 June 2018.
4. Use the tag #socialsaree and #cocktailrani with your post
5. We’re giving special accessories / sarees to three of our favourite queens!